Thursday, November 26, 2009


When I landed in Toronto, in 1980, I was a Science Fiction Fan that moonlighted as a comic book buyer.  The Toronto Science Fiction bookstore, then as now, was Bakka and it sat right across the street from The Silver Snail on Queen Street West.  So, I thought I would continue to conduct myself as I had in England, Saturdays in the company of SF Fans, with a little comic book buying on the side but that was not to be.  Instead, I found Bakka to be a cold and cliquish place while The Snail was a much warmer and friendlier place to hang out in... so I quickly reassumed my position as a Comic Book Fan!

That is pretty much the way it has stayed, I still visit Bakka, now known as Bakka-Phoenix, once in a while but not as often as I should.  Have you heard that they will be mving in early 2010?  Their present location is on the south side of Queen Street, just passed Bathurst and their new location will be a building that they will own, up on Harbord Street, close to Spadina.

A few years back, Ron Van L., owner of The Silver Snail, had these coasters made up and given away...  I present one here for the edification of the few.

No comments:

Post a Comment